No matter where you are in your career, you’ve likely heard about Terraform, the infrastructure-as-code tool created by HashiCorp. This open-source software helped teams around the world manage cloud services for years, becoming the automation tool of choice. Want to learn more and make the most of Terraform? Brainboard provides with Terraform tutorials, Terraform best practices, and hands-on sessions to take on Terraform for AWS, Azure, GCP and other cloud providers.Start for free →
When it comes to Terraform, the team at Brainboard believes people learn best by doing. Brainboard allows you to go hands-on with interactive, live-environments cloud architecture use cases.
Need to ace an upcoming Terraform associate certification? Work with Terraform for Kubernetes? Deploy Lambda using Terraform for your company? It all starts with a hands-on session you’ll find on Brainboard — each designed to put you on the right learning path no matter what your experience level is. You could be a HashiCorp certified Terraform associate in no time! Browse the available courses now and see for yourself.
Learn from others, share your work, and extend your tool set with a diverse group of cloud architects, plugin integrations, engineers, managers, DevOps, and many more from around the world.
What important updates or industry news is affecting the Terraform community?
The Brainboard blog is a great place to read up on the new and notable, go deep on nuanced topics, and get tips and tricks from Terraform experts.
Cloud Management Solution
Amazon Web Services
Design, deploy, and maintain your infrastructure in a repeatable, reliable way as you grow, collaborate, and scale to support more countries and features.
Sign up to Brainboard for Free and deploy during your 21-days trial.Start for free →
Get answers to frequently asked questions about Terraform learning below.
Terraform is an infrastructure as code (IaC) tool, open-source and written in Go by Hashicorp.
It allows you to declare, via your code, what you want for your infrastructure:
- Whether it's the initial provisioning, updating or destruction of your infrastructure, it's the code that drives.
- You declare in your config files the desired state of your infrastructure. Terraform is only going to perform the minimum to get to the state you described.
- You can see and understand your infrastructure by looking at your code
- It's usually versioned with git, so you can roll back at any stage.
- You can use it to test in multiple environments before production. Push the same code into a dev environment, and you can safely test changes. You can use all development best practices like asking a code review by your pair/colleagues... You can iterate quickly and make big changes by changing a few lines. In short, it is paradise for the way of doing DevOps.Example:Your live infrastructure already has a web server and a database running. Your config in your code corresponds perfectly to that. You add in your Terraform configuration that you finally want two databases. When you commit, Terraform will create an extra database and do nothing else. It has reached the desired state declared in your code.
Brainboard uses Terraform, an open-source, Infrastructure as Code platform,while Ansible is an open-source configuration management tool focused on the configuration of that infrastructure.
Migrate your team from Ansible to Brainboard and gain:
- 70% time saved for new hires to reach full productivity
- up to 5x faster time to market, from Design to Production
Terraform is a powerfull IaC tool that deploys the code you write. Brainboard, on the other hand, is an end-to-end cloud management solution built on top of Terraform with a visual architecture designer, a secure deployment manager, and dashboards to track costs, KPIs, usage, and more.
Engineers & DevOps need to scale and automate their infrastructures.
Kubernetes, also known as K8s, is an open-source system for automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications.
Brainboard is an ecosystem of tools for engineers like Chafik & Jeremy made to make their lives better. Naturally, we decided to integrate Kubernetes into our ecosystem of devices. With Kubernetes & the power of Brainboard, it is a way to accelerate deployment and automate tasks like never before.
The cloud resources present in Brainboard are the same resources you find at Terraform, but they are organized in categories instead of having a flat tree of all the items in it.
We currently support 4 cloud providers: AWS, Azure, GCP & Scaleway.
We support different versions for every cloud providers available which allows users to support their existing infrastructure and ease the migration into newer versions.
We are also planning to add more cloud providers in the future.
Yes, just sign up and enjoy building cloud architectures visually. The free version access is ideal if you are seeking to get familiar with cloud architectures.
To deploy your architecture, check our pricing plan.
One of the ways to start quickly on Brainboard is to chose from the templates' catalog the architecture you want.
Examples of the available architectures:
- Azure AKS, web application, Hub and spoke
- AWS secure VPC, secure EKS, Jenkins implementation on multiple regions
- Google load-balancers