OCI is one of the major Terraform-native cloud providers used.
OCI's strengths are:
- OCI cover all core cloud services (network, instance, storage,...)
- OCI cover advanced managed services such as autonomous database -- seen as the most advanced DBaaS on the market
- OCI's documentation is extensive
- OCI's pricing is competitive versus other Cloud Providers
OCI + Terraform:
- Terraform Provider OCI
- Terraform OCI architecture: Lakehouse MDS
- CIS OCI Landing Zone quick start template
- OCI's concept of regions
- Oracle's Terraform best practices
- Oracle Cloud Adoption Framework
It's only natural that we had to add OCI as Terraform Cloud provider on Brainboard.
- The Brainboard's community have been requesting OCI for a while now.
- OCI is build along Terraform since the ground up.
- OCI is an emergent cloud provider with no real ecosystem yet.
The Terraform Reverse feature of Brainboard is available to the public only on Azure for the moment.
Import AWS as well as Import OCI are available to selected clients only.
It's 100% free to use the OCI cloud provider on Brainboard.
Additional projects, in-app deployment and advanced RBAC (& much more) are included in the SaaS offer of $99/month/user.
-- payable post your 21-days free trial.
If you are searching for an advanced tool for critical businesses, please do contact our team.
Visualizing your Oracle Cloud Infrastructure can benefit all engineers and stakeholders to go faster and validate your imported infrastructure:
1. Migrate and map your Cloud and visualize your infrastructure to see key cloud governance data in context and understand if any elements are relationship, or unidentified. It would help you avoid risk and cut unnecessary costs. Group specific elements such as security groups, VPCs, Virtual Machines, Zones, and more to inspect the terraform code generated.
2. Generate or update cloud diagrams to confirm that what was built matches what was intended, avoiding downtime and preventing holes in security and infrastructure. Validate essential details such as instance sizes, regions, and other data, and identify security concerns.
3. Clearly communicate current cloud architecture by automating cloud documentation IDE and keeping it in a central location. Keep everyone on the same page—from Cloud Architects and engineers to external and internal stakeholders—without having to manually diagram changes to your cloud environment.
4. Validate your imported cloud infrastructure. Build your CICD engine and deploy your cloud infrastructure whenever you are ready. Versions your cloud architecture and create templates to do the work once.
In sum, visualizing your OCI cloud environment has the sole purpose to reduce the scarcity of (re)creating your built cloud infrastructure.
Brainboard is a visual cloud solution to design, deploy and manage cloud infrastructures. OCI is a plug-in from many features and other integrations Brainboard deliver as a real asset tool for any working in the Cloud Computing industry.
Brainboard support multiple native Terraform Providers such as:
- AWS Amazon Web Services
- Microsoft Azure
- GCP Google Cloud Platform
- OCI Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
Brainboard is designed for Multi-Cloud Infrastructures, from the ground up.